Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Crabby When Hungry


I recently received this adorable baby bib for Jackson from my dear friend Tracy. With baby Kershaw’s big arrival still a few weeks away, you can see that Geoff and I found another model . The bib did not fit me (we tried) which is unfortunate because it speaks very truthfully about my current disposition! We had a giggle about the phrase – it really couldn’t be more true – and not just for the preggies, either. Good thing for me, I learned in month one to never be without a snack. I have baggies of snacks stashed everywhere from the glove compartment of my car to the bedside table. By month two, Geoff, friends and coworkers learned only to touch my snacks if they felt like gambling. You could get sweet, happy to share Alice, or…”whose the dead man that took my cheese cubes!” Alice. The smart ones steer clear.
I wanted to share one of the best recipes for snacks to have on hand. These treats are really best refrigerated, so the glove compartment is not an option here. However, these little delights are easy, healthy and filling. You can pop a few in your mouth for a snack or sweet treat after a meal. My mom has been making them for me since I was a little girl -


Mom’s Peanut Butter Balls
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup non-fat dry milk powder
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips*
1/4 cup honey
Mix all ingredients, shape into small balls, store in the refrigerator. What a delicious and healthy snack!

*Does anyone else think these are getting harder and harder to find? When I see a couple bags, I always buy more than one. You can always freeze them. Note – In a pinch I have coarsely chopped the larger chocolate chips and used these in the recipe instead. Tastes just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment