Thursday, December 3, 2009

A note from "P"!

Today I am excited to bring you a special guest blog from our very own "P" of PJK designs ~ Enjoy!


Just before Thanksgiving, I attended a recipe swap and pot luck at my local scrapbook store. The food was delicious some of which is pictured above. If you squint, you can see my cookies pictured in the upper right hand corner on a pedestal plate. They are Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies and they won a million dollar prize in the Pillsbury Bake-Off. I’ve also attached the recipe that I made for the swap. Each scrapper participating in the swap made 35 of their recipe cards.

I saw the recipe for these cookies on TV somewhere – maybe it was an advertisement on the Food Network? I thought to myself at the time that I have a lot of men in my family who love peanut butter cookies – my Dad, my brother, my son, and my son-in-law. So I went to the Pillsbury website and tracked down the recipe. It looked easy and it even starts with Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough. Now I have to tell you that I have turned up my nose at prepared cookie dough in the past. I’m embarrassed to say that thoughts like “who doesn’t make their own cookie dough?” have gone through my mind. Guess what? These cookies are great. My husband Fred announced, “these are the best cookies you have ever made”, after eating one cookie. So far this cookie season, I think I’ve made hundreds of them. I even made these little gems and hand carried them on the airplane for our family gathering in Scottsdale over Thanksgiving. You can probably guess that they were a hit. My sweet daughter-in-law, Katie, even declared at one point that there was nothing on the dessert menu at the restaurant where we were eating that could top the cookies back in our hotel room so she would just rather wait for dessert.

So without any further ado, here’s my version of Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies.

Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies
What You’ll Need:
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup powdered sugar
1 roll (16.5 oz.) PillsburyĆ¢ peanut butter cookie dough; chilled

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375 °F.
2. In a small bowl mix cinnamon and granulated sugar; set aside.
3. In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape into about 24 (1-inch) balls; chill until needed.
4. Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly.
5. Shape 1 cookie dough slice around each peanut butter ball; covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
6. Roll each ball in sugar/cinnamon mixture.
7. On an ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball slightly.
8. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.
Note: I am careful not to overcook these so that the peanut butter ball in the middle stays creamy. Be sure to cool cookies on a wire rack for best results.

The original recipe can be found here.

http://www.pillsbury.com/

It calls for rolling the unbaked cookies in a mixture of cinnamon, sugar, and chopped peanuts. I’m sure they will be a hit either way you make them.

Happy Cookies to you!

Patty

1 comment:

  1. Gosh this sounds like so much fun! I'll be trying out those PB cookies soon! Thanks for the recipe!

    Happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete